Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cielo

I started off being unable to be in the same room as Phil Wickham's music. To tell you the truth, I just don't know why I detested it so much. The only logical answer I can come up with is that my heart had been hardened to Christian music. I didn't warm up to it until April/May of this year, when I re-encountered God. Then, I heard his 2009 song "Cielo" and instantly fell in love with the lyrics.

Instead of writing some ridiculously long dissection of the words... I'm just going to write my favorite lines and post the song. Maybe I'm the only one who feels connected to this song. Maybe I'm the only one who is in love with its true and happily heartbreaking lyrics. But, for me, would you give it a try?


I can't sing loud enough, I can't sing loud enough,
When I'm singing for You, my God ...
I can't bow low enough, I can't bow low enough,
At the vision of You, my God ...
I can't lift my hands high enough, lift my hands high enough,
When I'm reaching for You, my God ...

If you like the song, click here to purchase the mp3 album that it comes from. Also, while you're there... just buy everything by Phil Wickham, alright?


Now therefore, our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name. But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to offer as willingly as this? For all things come from You, and of Your own we have given You.

2 comments:

  1. I am really moved by his music as well. I can listen to his songs over and over again.

    ReplyDelete