Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thought of the day

What's the point in calling yourself a Christian if you don't even believe in the God you worship?

So there you have it. Today I'm not going to bore you with an excessively long post. Instead, I'm giving you this "thought of the day" with a little bit of explanation, and then leaving you to meditate on it and pray about it.

So what do I mean by it exactly? I don't mean that it's pointless to claim to be a Christian if you don't even believe in God. (Although it is.) What I mean in particular by my question - the thought - is that it's moot to be a Christian if you don't believe in the power of God. If you read the Bible yet pass over the parts about moving mountains and healing diseases and parting seas and read them as abstract fiction, why bother? Your being a Christian is no different from someone being an atheist.

Christians who don't believe in the power of their own God are no different from people who don't even believe that God exists. This is one of the gravest hypocrisies in the church. I urge you to examine your heart, your beliefs, and then go examine the Bible. Look at it plain and simple. It never says that God's power stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment